Returning on Coke Studio Africa’s new season this year is top Nigerian act Olamide.
The “Eniduro” musician has been to Nairobi already to record his collaboration with
Marabenta queen from Mozambique – Neyma. We met up with Olamide at an
exclusive setting at Coke Studio Africa, where he ended up revealing to us 5 things
we didn’t know about him:
1. His best rapper and artist in the world is Jay Z. That explains how he
commands his audience just like Hov’s. We can’t wait to see the best of
Nigerian hip hop sounds on the new season of Coke Studio Africa.
2. Baddo’s name was given to him by someone who was actually called Baddo.
His daughter’s name, Maxmiliano, on the other hand means the greatest.
3. Olamide credits his management and Manager Alex Okeke for his success
and consistency. The Manchester United fan, currently riding high with his
latest single release “Lagos Boys” following the success of “Bobo”, among
4. The YBNL King also revealed that he is currently looking for a “unique and
talented female artist or a female group” to sign under his record label YBNL.
“There is room for uniqueness – a major factor,” he reiterated.
5. His most stressful video to produce was “Eniduro”. He concluded, “I have
90% confidence on all the Nigerian artistes I’ve worked/collaborated with.”
Keep up with all Coke Studio Africa related information including artists,
collaborations, lyrics & TV airing times via #CokeStudioAfrica”