1. It increases life expectancy
Men who kiss their wives in the morning live five years longer than men who don’t.
2. It prevents tooth decay
Kissing increases the mouth’s production of saliva, which helps to clean the mouth and prevent tooth decay.
3. But there are still A LOT of germs involved
One millilitre of saliva contains about 100,000,000 bacteria.
4. It actually burns calories – get kissing, ladies
Couples can burn anywhere between 2 and 26 calories per minute while kissing and can use up to 30 muscles.
5. Our B.rains know how to find our lovers lips
Sixty-six per cent of people close their eyes during a kiss. Our B.rains have special neurons that help us
to locate each other’s lips in the dark.
6. It can stop us falling ill
There is some evidence, from past studies, to suggest that kissing provides us a means of protecting ourselves from certain viruses.
7. It’s more than just fun – it’s stress relieving
Holding hands and kissing reduces levels of the stress hormone cortisol, thereby lowering blood pressure and optimising immune response