- Celeb Gist
- Educational Info
- Contact Us
Most athletes will kill to be on this list right now. Being on this list shows how successful you are as an athlete.
Forbes has released a list of the highest paid athletes of all time. Both Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo have made their way into Forbes alongside another footballer; David Beckham. Other popular athletes on the list are Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods and Floyd Mayweather.
Barcelona star Messi is ranked in 17th on the list, having earned £413m during his career while rival Ronaldo is 14th on the list after earning a total of £493m during his career.
20. Manny Pacquiao (£389 million)
18. Jeff Gordon (£409 million)19. Oscar De La Hoya (£405 million)
17. Lionel Messi (£413 million)
16. Alex Rodriguez (£477 million)
15. Roger Federer (£477 million)
14. Cristiano Ronaldo (£493 million)
13. Lebron James (£508 million)
12. Greg Norman (£540 million)
11. Mike Tyson (£544 million)
10. Shaquille O’Neal (£556 million)
9. David Beckham (£580 million)
8. Phil Mickelson (£604 million)
7. Floyd Mayweather Jr. (£608 million)
6. Kobe Bryant (£612 million)
5. Michael Schumacher (£794 million)
4. Jack Nicklaus (£914 million)
3. Arnold Palmer (£1.07 billion)
2. Tiger Woods (£1.31 billion)
1. Michael Jordan (£1.35 billion)
Former England captain David Beckham is higher on the list than both Messi and Ronaldo, sitting pretty in ninth having earned a whopping £580m in his career.