You have done the ante-natal. You have read so many books to get prepared for giving birth. However, there are still some things you will not understand until after you have given birth..
1. You have a different size of BR*ASTS
Whether it has become more incredible or it has added more weight, your brea$t has changed and it is different from the way it was.
2. Your labor day was like a scene from a horror movie
The panic, tension, and pain remain unforgettable. It was as if the pain was never going to end. You would only have escaped this part if you had gone for an epidural.
3. Your healthy meals do not look appealing anymore
You want to grub something that will give you all the energy back that you have lost but suddenly most of the diet you would have loved seems to be a trigger for nausea.
4. You had to get into the water to become all new again
A dip in the pool reminds you of how light you have become. Getting water all over you is not simply a luxury, but a necessity.
5. You really craved for silence during delivery
When you scream, you want to be heard. You may have wanted a different sound, but really what you demanded for during the delivery period was silence.
6. You have changed and people notice it
After the delivery your body size is different. People notice the difference about you and won’t stop asking about the physical change you have made.
7. Your first visit to the toilet after delivery wasn’t pleasant
Whatever method you use in delivering your baby, you’ll have to visit the toilet after you give birth. And it won’t be an enjoyable experience.
8. You didn’t really have anything to hide
During pregnancy and delivery your private parts were observed by several total strangers. It may be difficult but you’ll have to be come to terms with that.
9. You look at your baby and you feel it is worth it
Nothing can be as special as being the one to bring a new born baby who looks amazingly beautiful into this world. You look back at all that you have gone through during the process and you feel accomplished.
10. You probably will have some marks
Stitches, stretchmarks, or scars are like awards and trophies which you can use as proof that you have been through the triumphant process of delivering a baby.
11. You have a hero in your doctor
The pain must have seemed unending and whomever would have taken all that pain away will always have your admiration and respect.
12. You will look back and laugh over your contraction and delivery moment
If you had the period filmed, you can’t help but laugh at how you behaved during the period of bearing a child.
13. You have a photo you cherish
No matter how awful your hair and your face looks, the first photo with your baby will always be amongst your favorite picture ever.
14. You cherish your first latch after delivery
After having your legs akimbo during your delivery, you’ll have to go nak*d to receive your first latch from your midwife. Don’t worry, it doesn’t really seem disturbing, but rather comforting.
15. You want to fit into the right pants
You are concerned about the freedom on what you wear, rather than the size of your post-birth pants.
16. You might have defecated during delivery
There is nothing embarra$$ing about delivering and having to defecate right there. It happens sometimes and you might have been a victim of the act.
17. You didn’t just have to deliver only a baby
You didn’t deliver only a baby, you also delivered a placenta after the baby had emerged. Although the second one was quicker and painless, you adjusted to making extra pushes.
18. Your first afterbirth ma$$age hurt a lot
Before you can go home, your midwife and doctor will have to ma$$age your stomach to make sure you stopped bleeding. Unfortunately, this may hurt a lot.
19. Your belly button won’t be so cute for a while
Your baby will have a part of what remains attached in your tummy for a while before drying up and falling off.
20. You never anticipated what happened during your delivery process
During pregnancy, labor, and delivery things will happen that you had never anticipated or imagined. Such things must have defied all that you had expected or anticipated. Remember the miracle of the whole process moving forward. It’s sure to be another defying of expectations.